Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ok, I know I said I would update more often than I did on the boys website, but it's been a little busy around here. Who would have known adding 1 little boy to the family would create so much more laundry and dishes around here, but we love it.

Here's what you really want to know!

Hayden--He's almost 3. In fact, he only has 26 hours left being a 2 year old. Wow! Time really flies. He is so funny. He is into watching Dora and Diego. It's so funny to hear him answer them when they ask questions. He also is loving the Wonder Pets. He uses his Wonder Pets characters and his animal toys to act out scenes from the show. Today, I was taking him to Wal-Mart with me and he was having trouble putting on his shoes. He looked up at me (I was a bit frazzled from the day) and said "This is serious". (That's a line from the show.) I couldn't stop laughing. He started laughing too. In fact, we laughed so much, that the stress of the day just melted away.

He is 95% potty trained. As a reward, we took him to see the Thomas and Friends stage show. We waited to tell him until we were walking in. He was so pumped. He got so excited when Thomas came out on stage for the first time. I had tears in my eyes watching him and seeing how he reacted to it all.

Thomas--What can you say, he is super cute. He is rolling over and wants to crawl so bad. He just can't figure out the motions. He can move in a circle on his belly to get what he wants. It will not be long and he will get those knees under him and then--watch out train table.

Thomas has 2 teeth and is working on a 3rd. He loves squash and peas, and we have recently introduced sweet potatoes. The jury is still out on that one. He is wearing mostly 6-9 month pjs. He is growing so big. At his 4 month appointment, he was 15 pounds and 25 inches long.

We have reached a major milestone here. Thomas is now sleeping in his crib in his room. This is major! He had refused to sleep/nap/play in his bed until about 3 weeks ago. We started letting him cry himself to sleep and it worked. We also moved his swing into his room in hopes to get him used to the room and then we hoped to transfer him to his bed. It worked. There were only a few tears on the first night--from the mommy.

We are getting ready for a big birthday party. I hope to post pictures soon after, so check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment